You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Monday 30 March 2009

Finally! Technology is working for the benefit of my sanity

And not before time!!
Every year at about this time, panic sets in as I try to get my Tech on the bike sorted out, something always has to fail!
It's pure bloody mindedness and devilment by the God of Tech (Whoever that may be?) and Lord of the Blueteeth, in that, when my Satnav behaves the Phone doesn't, when the Autocom is in fine communicating mode the bluetooth packs up.

This always results in me fiddling all year trying to;
a) make sense of the insensible, and;
b) make my Tech work even less better than it did at the start.

This Year though..........
I seem to have won the Tech battle and finally everything is working like what it should be. I have been up to Autocom in Warwick and they have fixed my Autocom so that it don't crackle at me and cut off my phone, I now have 2 phones that connect via the Autocom and 1 that connects via the Bluetooth on my tom-tom rider (albeit in a noisy and hard to hear way, but good for tom-tom I understand).
I even got a MP3 player thingy that works fine and cuts out when I get incoming calls etc, although I have only tried it once and find it very annoying, I prefer to listen to the engine - lest it fall out - and listen for the sound of pursuing Police car sirens.

So this year looks to be a good one on the Tech front; but does beg the question, what is going to go wrong to make up for this good-fortune, Hmm...........

2 comments:

Steve Thorndale said...

Just need to sort out bike to bike now Jim and you'll have the full set, perhaps an MP3 track of a self propelled gun would take you on a trip down memory lane, although you might think your exhaust is buggered.

Anonymous said...

No No Steve he won't have it sorted until he gets the NUT on the handlebars sorted.