You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Thursday 25 September 2008

Despite the credit crunch....

...I decided to buy some polish stuff for the bike!
Highly recommended by a friend I invested my funds in the Macquires polish system to try and clean up the image of my Bike.
The paintwork on the Honda pan 1300 is rubbish after only 23000 miles and 18 months it is heavily oxidised and covered in micro-scratches (something that never happened on my Triumph Trophy 1200 despite some serious abuse!)
So I set about the bike with aforementioned polish kit and after 2 days of scrubbing, rubbing, cursing, sweating, and swearing the finished result was a revelation! finally the bike looked 1/2 decent, in fact, the best it ever has (including when it was in the showroom?!).
So pleased was I with this result, I stuck 'her indoors' on the back of the bike hopped on myself and launched us off to Skins cafe to show off my shiny bike.
At this point things started to go downhill, Nice sunny day = big, well fed Bugs which now adorn the front of the bike thus detracting from the nice shiny effect, then we get to the Cafe and She develops the need for new Motorbike boots so I retaliate by adding a back protector for my new jacket and some gloves, resulting in the passage of 200 of my English £'s back into the local economy!
Bugger!!!

2 comments:

Highwaylass said...

Polishing? Blimey...I've got a rather filthy BM in need of care if you've developed a taste for it... :)

Panamaniac said...

I'd love too but I can't bring myself to deprive you of the pleasures that come with the feeling of satisfaction when looking at the fruits of one's labour.
(and besides, it's too much like hard work!!! I'm still recovering from my efforts and am trying to train the Dog to clean the bike, strangely it's proving difficult for the Dog to pick this up, I think she just don't want to do it and is being a bit beligerent!))