You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Tuesday 11 November 2008

Pah! - Doctors - what do they know?!

I had my routine 6 monthly blood test a couple of weeks ago with some additional blood letting to test for adverse effects relating to some cramps I've been getting in my Calf muscles.
All pretty routine stuff 'till I get a summons to appear in front of the Doctor. I assume this is for my routine 6 monthly bollocking relating to excessive feeding frenzies and not nearly excessive enough exercise frenzies.
However, on reporting to aforementioned medical practitioner I am advised to stop taking the cholesterol tablets for a couple of months, submit to another blood-letting exercise in 2 months and
(you'll need to be sitting down for this bit)
Stay off the bike for a couple of months!!!!

What is wrong with the man? is he mad? has he been prescribing himself the wrong kind of sweeteners for his tea?
I don't understand?!
He did have a large sort of smirky grin as he mentioned this, I think he's in the pay of that dodgy copper in North Wales.

I, of course, agreed with everything he said and promised to take the car to the NEC for the bike show (He he)

(Sh#t, I hope he don't read this!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

H'mm, I these cramps a few years ago, Jim.

My MO gave me some quinine tablets but he didn't stop the old statins.

Soon cleared the cramps though.

Hope it soon clears up and your soon back on the iron horse.

Alan

Rallyist said...

I think your doctor has joined ACPO in error for AGPO, never mind Jim the bike needs a rest from the abuse you give it that's why the thing keeps refusing to start, release its lock and generally flatten its own battery, because heaven forbid it is anything you are doing.