You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Monday 7 March 2011

Bike cleaning!? Hmmmm

I have spent the last 5 months looking at my bike and wondering why it's so dirty?
Surely the dirt would fall off after 2 or 3 months and it should be all sparkly and clean again, I though Gravity would take care of that!
Oh well, just goes to show that science isn't right all of the time?!

So over the last 2 weeks I have had to clean the bike myself, this constitutes 'exercise' in my mind and so I have to take long periods of rest between the various cleansing disciplines i.e. Getting bike & kit out, Hosing down, Washing, etc, etc, these rest periods vary between 1 hour and 5 days (and whilst I find the 5 day rest period more beneficial, it tends to lead to a mad panic when one has to get it finished prior to using the bike)
I have just finished this onerous task having just finished polishing it for the 3rd time. was it worth it? Of course it was! am I going to get it dirty again? not until I'm sick of looking at it in a clean condition,
after all it's dirty 11 months 2 weeks of the year so it just looks strangely odd when it's clean!

No comments: