You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Saturday 28 June 2008

This is hard work!


I've spent about 6 hours trying to get that Flickr photo Slideshow thing you can see on the right hand side of the page working, and showing the pictures I want you to see and not pictures of some Hen night, sunsets etc.

Does the term 'User friendly' really mean that? or is it a plot to lull us all into a false sense of security whilst jemmy-ing money from our otherwise sensible fingers.

Perhaps we should bring out some form of legislation pertaining to the use of 'iffy' terms, so them IT types who come up with these words and phrases have to go to everyone's house and show them what they actually mean, I would include politicians in this as well, but the last thing I want is one of them coming to see me and they would be forever knocking at the door!

Going out on the bike tomorrow to test the SATNAV bracket repair I have bodged, a lump of the bracket fell of and tried to take Steve out by nearly going under his front tyre on a motorway, when on the 6 points expedition last month, which resulted in having to cable tie the thing on.
This brilliant piece of engineering should save me the £40 it would cost to replace the proper one; on the other hand it may still cost me £40 and have wasted 2 days of inventive thinking and a whole mess of trial and error, bits of metal strewn all over the garage and 25% of my knuckle skin sacrificed in the pursuit of design excellence (That last bit failed, by the way!)

1 comment:

Highwaylass said...

What you need for flickr etc is either a tame geek or a handy 8-year old...they've moved on from progamming videos and are now a dab hand at HTML...