You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Sunday 29 June 2008

BBQ weather

Suns out and I've ran out of time (and enthusiasm) for taking the bike out due to having to cut the grass (again, this was the 5th time this year, why'd it have to grow so quick?) and having been out all morning looking for some more camping kit ready for a camping excursion in 2 weeks to meet with fellow Round Britain Ralliers for a long week-end in the Dales.
I went originally for a sleeping bag liner, having suffered near cryogenic suspension on the 6 points thing, - I ended up in a luke-warm shower at 4.30am trying to thaw out!
As a result of investing in a sleeping bag that squishes down to about 1/4 size of a normal bag - useful for packing on a motorbike - and, as it turns out, 1/4 as warm, so the plan is, get a silk sleeping bag liner these make the bag a) warmer, b) cleaner and c) easier to slither in and out of, just have to make sure the bottom zip is done up! So I traipes off to a camping shop that don't exist, no problem, I go to one in the opposite direction that does exist, I look at silk liners - £34, not good! I'm thinking £20 tops, so I decide to get one on the net, I console myself with the purchase of a blow-up camp bed for £9.99 and a gas cartridge for my little fold up gas cooker.
I then get home to the call of the BBQ which has to be cleaned! (I hate cleaning BBQs) and then burn some dinner for us, and top up the toilet rolls in the loo ready for the morning!
By the time all of this has been done, it's to late to stick everything on the bike and drive around testing it, not to worry though I'll do it another day -maybe!

No comments: