You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Friday 4 July 2008

Ready to go!!!

I think I've got everything loaded and have certainly put my normal collection of kit and maps that will probably never see the light of day (but you never know....)

I'm sort of looking forward to it now it's a bit closer, I haven't been out for a decent ride since getting back from the 6 points thingy and have just about scrubbed in my new tyres and brake pads.
The weather people reckon it's probably going to rain on our parade at some stage in the proceedings so I've elected to wear my most waterproof bit of kit - my skin.
I have sprayed my gloves with waterproofing stuff of which I have so much faith in that I'm taking 2 spare pairs (well you never know......)

First stop will be MIRA for the riding skills(?) test bit, I'm intending on getting there about 10am do my thing and then off to my starting Check point at J23a M1 where I'll no doubt meet lots of like minded people all ready to launch themselves down the M1 to Leicester!

No comments: