You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Monday 7 July 2008

It started with a curse II

....... Moving on then.
I left the 1st CP at J23a planning to follow the satnav to Leicester - pretty straightforward it's only a couple of junctions South on the M1- However satnav wants me to go north up the M1 - I can see this is going to see me and the satnav having 'issues' in the very near future - I ignore the satnav (I am a master in the art of 'ignore') and find my own way.

The rest of the trip is fairly uneventful, met Janet at Lincoln, very nice! got stuck in air show traffic in Lincoln, not very nice!




had dinner at Suzi's cafe at Sutterton (A17)




Sunshine and nice weather abandoned me when I got to Rotherham.
Drove through the night in the rain across all of the scenic parts of England and couldn't see a thing, and finally got to Bletchley to meet some of the other Round Britain Rally mob collecting their various awards and availing themselves of Station X's comestibles.
A good day had by all I think, and the rest of the Sunday to recover and catch up on the 36hrs without sleep.

No comments: