You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Tempting providence!

Why is it that when you talk about past disasters they repeat themselves? is there some God like being amusing him/her self? Is the aforementioned email fairy moonlighting for a few extra laughs? am I paranoid? does any one care!
I remember a conversation at Hayfield about joining the AA/RAC and how good they both were, I mentioned that I tend to get the bike low-loaded about twice a year (This has been the case for the last 4 years!) this year I have only been low-loaded once, (My ignition barrel and steering lock seized in the locked position)
So one of the above was obviously seeking to redress this piece of -relative- good fortune by supplying my rear tyre (only 800 miles old) with a complex puncture as I left the camp site, complex because having plugged it 3 times it was still leaking air, so a mad dash for the nearest garage and a phone call had the AA coming out to rescue me,


Getting comfy as I wait for the AA





I was fully expecting a low-load home due to being unable to stop the leak, but the very nice man from the AA managed to insert another plug and some 'slime' which -finally- stopped the air escaping.


A very nice man!





I drove the rest of the way home in the end thus saving that other low-load home for another day!
The Bike is now a unicycle in the garage awaiting another tyre! Interestingly this is a story/moan/whinge for another day!!

No comments: