You saw it here first!

My photo
An (Occasionally) Enthusiastic Bike rider with a penchant for geological stuff, having a good time and utilising my pessimism to it full capacity!

Monday 21 July 2008

Saturday, Terrible wind on way to Sheffield!

I nipped up to Sheffield on Saturday to pick up the Land mark I missed due to my puncture last week-end, I stopped at Jack's Hill cafe for brekkies only to find it had been invaded by loads of kids accompanied by proud Parents who displayed the usual need to share their up & coming Doctors, Actors, Barristers, leaders-of-industry etc with the rest of us poor unsuspecting public, how kind of them!? I swiftly swallowed my 'Drivers Breakfast' (I had a small breakfast to enable me a swift departure due to the earshattering noise emanating from the above)

Back on the road as I hopped off the A5 onto the M1 at J20 I noticed the wind had got stronger, the Pan European is not normally bothered by wind (Just as well being positioned beneath me after all them beans) but this trip it was certainly registering its displeasure at the wind being stronger from the side than from the front. especially at the M1/M18 junction!

Once off the road the trip through Sheffield with all its new road system (unrecognised by Satnav!) The wind dropped and the Sun had its hat on, so all was well.
Got to the Land mark and was greeted by seriously spectacular views, I could almost see my own back, the visibility was so good! I loitered a few long minutes to soak it all in.

Back on the road to visit the dog agility at Grantham where Poppet the Dog was with the other half, I met her Sister as I was going through Worksop (she was also going to Grantham) so I followed them down to the show ground.
Left for home at 8pm with plans to be home by 9:30pm only to find the A1 closed! so I did a bit of cross country riding on some very nice roads staying just ahead of the rain. (Got home at 9:35PM - Result!)

1 comment:

Editor said...

Cool!
i'm brazilian, nice your blog.
it's really
thnks, see my blog.